What is this document?
Who are we?
Bromley Mindfulness is the trading name of Robert Mitchell. The Meditation Course is an online resource for mindfulness and mindfulness meditation.
Application of this policy
This Policy describes how we collect, use and otherwise handle the “Personal Information” that we receive from you and explains the circumstances in which we may transfer this to others.
“Personal Information” is information about you which can be used alone, or combined with other information, to identify you personally.
Our Policy on retaining your Personal Information
Our policy is to keep as little of your information as we possibly can and to keep that information as securely as possible.
Your information and privacy is important to us. We apply a policy of retaining only the minimum information necessary for operations, legal and statutory compliance and by maintaining it as securely as possible. We use Microsoft secure cloud storage facilities, which have been approved by the European Union and UK Government's data privacy authorities, to store our data.
Collecting and handling your personal information
Legal grounds for collection and use of Personal Information
We will only collect, use and otherwise handle your Personal Information when:
– it is necessary for our legitimate interests in connection with providing you with the services we offer such as:
- responding to your queries;
- providing services and/or information to you;
- administering the services we provide for you;
- hosting and maintaining our Website;
- providing technical support to you;
- preventing and detecting fraud and other criminal offences;
- ensuring network and information security, as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights and freedoms;
– where you have agreed to this for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes; and/or
– where this is necessary to satisfy our statutory obligations
How we collect and use any Personal Information that you provide to us
Forms – we may collect your Personal Information which you choose to provide when you fill in forms, online or otherwise. This may include, for example, your name, position, company, contact details (such as business email, telephone number and business address) and your personal preferences, choices and requirements specific to particular requests or services. We also collect other sorts of Personal Information to ensure that the services we provide are appropriate for you. We may use this Personal Information to respond to your queries, and/or provide the services and/or information that you have requested.
Events – if you register for one of our events, we will collect whatever information you provide to enable us to enrol you.
Marketing Opt-In – Where you have provided us with your contact details, we may contact you by your preferred channel for marketing purposes relating to our services. We will enable you to opt-in to these services.
We will only contact you for these marketing purposes by electronic means (email or SMS) where you have agreed to this.
We may also use any Personal Information that you provide to us:
– where legally permitted for specific purposes made clear at the point of collection on particular pages of our Website; and/or
– where we otherwise have legal grounds for collection and use of your Personal Information as explained in more detail above.
If you choose not to provide Personal Information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the information and/or services you have requested or otherwise fulfil the purpose(s) for which we have asked for the Personal Information. You will be informed of that if it is the case.
Some services that we provide require the involvement of third parties. We have carefully selected these third parties and taken steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected.
How long do we store Personal Information?
An example of this is that we are required to keep full accounts and tax records for seven years to satisfy our statutory obligations to HMRC.
Our Website is hosted on servers in the EEA. We employ appropriate security measures to help protect your Personal Information and guard against access by unauthorised persons. Information storage is on secure computers in a locked and certified information centre and the information is encrypted wherever possible.
We use storage facilities which have been approved by the European Union and UK Government’s data privacy authorities to store your Personal Information collected in any way other than for marketing communication.
We undergo periodic reviews of our security policies and procedures to ensure that our systems are secure and protected. However, as r the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website or emailed to us.
If you wish to:
– access, confirm, correct, rectify, update, supplement, anonymise, block, restrict or delete your Personal Information;
– object to our use of your Personal Information;
– if you have any questions about our processing of your Personal Information; or
– if you would like to transfer your Personal Information from us to another person or organisation,
please contact us.
We will provide you with all rights in relation to your Personal Information to which you are entitled under law. If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your Personal Information, you can make a complaint to the data protection authority. Contact details are typically available online, or alternatively, you may ask us for assistance.
How to contact us