You are invited to our Weekend Mindfulness and Meditation Course in a Weekend at The Mansion in Beckenham Place Park on Saturday and Sunday 28th and 29th September 2019.
The weekend will be an intensive version of our successful Mindfulness-Based Resilience training course redesigned for a weekend.
- The retreat will be held at The Mansion in Beckenham Place Park which is a beautiful Georgian stately home.
- The weekend is non-residential which means you can commute to and from your home or arrange to stay in the area if you are not local.
- All of the benefits available from taking the regular 6-week course also apply to the weekend. Please read on for details and feel free to ask any questions that arise by clicking one of the contact buttons. We will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.
Training Dates and Times
10.30AM to 4.30 PM on Saturday the 28th September
10.30 AM to 4.30 PM on Sunday the 29th September
|What’s included in the price|
Contact us by clicking the button below.
About The Mansion
You can step out of your daily grind and into a beautiful training venue to experience a serene and inspiring escape from your busy life.
The Mansion is a decorate and graceful space that sits in natural stillness, offering an inspiring and ideal place to practice mindfulness and meditation without distraction. You will feel better, happier and more relaxed from visiting our pleasant retreat designed to bring calm, comfort and quiet.
We have been teaching at The Mansion for the last three years and run regular classes, workshops and retreats there.
Beckenham Place Park is being recovered for the wider community with £5M of Lottery funding. We are fortunate to have access to such a perfect location which enables a connection to the stillness and serenity of nature into our meditation experience in such a graceful way.
Our training room has a panoramic view of the park.
We are surrounded by transport links with four stations less than twenty minutes walk away, many buses and free parking directly outside the building. See below for details.
Our structured training retreat is focused on building your personal Resilience through training in stress management, emotional regulation, mindfulness meditation and resilience. Resilience is the key to bouncing back from difficulties and adversity. By attending this training, you will learn the skills you need to reduce stress, anxiety and worry.
In addition to the latest mindfulness and resilience techniques, you will benefit from real-life examples, one-to-one guidance and gain an understanding of why you think and feel the way you do.
The tricky part of learning mindfulness and meditation isn’t learning the techniques, it is building a sustainable practice – both formal meditations and day-to-day practices. Over the weekend, you will learn the techniques to build and sustain your practice. The key to this is the tried and trusted techniques that will help you to integrate what you have learned into your life.
In addition to the weekend, you will get continuing online and personal support and training opportunities. We have a library of online training sessions and meditations, regular day-retreats in Bromley or Beckenham and weekend retreats in Kent and Surrey.
What you will get from the weekend
- Intensive in-person and online multi-channel training
- A free copy of an acclaimed book supporting the training
- Free passes to our regular meditation classes that you can use after the retreat – save £44
- Membership of the active and engaged Bromley Mindfulness student community with a significant online presence – we have regular socials a country walks group and a mindful photography group
- Expertly guided introductions to many meditation practices, stress management and emotional regulation techniques
- Supporting handouts for each module
- Online video clips
- Guided online mindfulness meditations
- Supported home study
- E-book recommendations, scientific papers, news articles, literature and references
- A springboard for your personal development or further study
- Six month’s telephone, text or email support
- A free book by one of the world’s greatest meditation teachers
Our mindfulness training is not just for stress reduction.
For enhancing personal performance, our tools and techniques can accelerate your personal development. Everyone leaves with new skills and for some, the experience can be transformational.
You’ll leave the retreat with the following:
- The skills to reduce uncomfortable and unhelpful thoughts and emotions
- Techniques to improve your wellbeing and happiness
- Options to neutralise the impact of difficult experiences
- 80% of students sleep better
- A head-start and a hand-up in your personal development
- A clear understanding of mindfulness and meditation
- An understanding of what mindfulness can mean for your life
- A range of tools and techniques to enhance your wellbeing and life satisfaction
- Six months email and phone support
- Membership of our active and engaged student community and access to our connection channels
- Access to our social events
- Access to graduate only events and retreats
This training is part of the Bromley Mindfulness Training Programme. A collection of offline and online training designed to assist you in your mindfulness and resilience journey. Our mindfulness training is designed to give you the best results. We run our schedules to fit in with the busy lives of our students. Our training includes daily mindfulness and resilience exercises. There is additional information and support in a number of online formats. Our training combines the very latest techniques in mindfulness, meditation, stress-management and personal development.
Contact us by clicking the button below.
Retreat Details – What’s included in the price
This is a non-residential retreat, meaning you can commute in on both days. You can also stay at local accommodation.
The fees include: training and support, refreshments (coffee and biscuits in the morning, tea and cakes in the afternoon) light lunches on both days and an afternoon tea on Saturday at a local venue (details to come).
You also have access to the grounds and buildings where public access is available.
Note that accommodation is *NOT* included in the price.
Pricing, Deposits, Discounts, Concessions, Payment and Terms
The cost for two days training, lunch and refreshments is £175.
I am accepting deposits now. To secure your place, please contact me to make a payment of £75.
For payments made fully by Monday 26 August there will be a discount of £20, thereby reducing the price to £155.
Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust Discount
Anyone working for Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust, whether you have attended our training or not, is entitled to a £25 discount making the cost of the training £150. If you have attended our training, please let us know when booking as we may be able to let you have a further concessionary rate, depending on the demand.
I hope to offer concessions. Some concessions may be available depending on the demand. If there are spaces then I shall offer them as concessions. Please contact me for details.
Booking and Payment Deadline
All bookings must be fully paid and confirmed by Thursday 26 September.
We will be at the venue from 9.30 AM on both days so feel free to arrive early. There is a cafe in the mansion where you can have a coffee.
Food and Refreshments (included in the price)
- Coffee/tea throughout the day.
- Coffee/tea & biscuits in the morning.
- Lunch is a light lunch, sandwiches or pizza with crisps, fruit etc.
- Our catering is 50/50 vegetarian/non-vegetarian
- Tea & snacks in the afternoon.
Chairs are provided but feel free to bring anything you feel you may find useful for your comfort such as meditation cushions, yoga mats etc. Students often do this so you won’t be the only one.
Transport and Location
The Drawing Room in The Mansion, Beckenham Place Park, off of Beckenham Hill Road, BR3 1SY.
There is free parking directly outside The Mansion.
The Mansion is situated between four stations:
- Beckenham Hill (ten minute walk)
- Beckenham Junction (fifteen minute walk)
- Ravensbourne (twenty minutes walk, almost all of which is through the park)
- New Beckenham (twenty minutes walk)
The 54 bus passes the Mansion and numerous bus routes pass nearby.
Tramlink trams stop at Beckenham Junction which is a fifteen minute walk.
Times from the origin station to the Mansion.
|Bromley South||Beckenham Hill||20 minutes|
|Orpington||Beckenham Junction||30 minutes|
|Lewisham Station||Beckenham Hill Road Stop W||35 minutes|
|Brixton||Beckenham Junction||30 minutes|
|East Croydon||Beckenham Junction||35 minutes|
|Victoria||Beckenham Junction||35 minutes|
|Blackfriars||Beckenham Hill||35 minutes|
|Hayes||New Beckenham||30 minutes|
|London Bridge||Beckenham Junction||50 minutes|
Note that we will require a completed application form to confirm a booking unless you are informed otherwise.
I accept cash, cheque, bank transfer, credit or debit cards and PayPal.
Contact us by clicking the button below.