12th March, 2017
11.00am – 4.30pm
The Seekers Trust, West Malling, Kent, ME19 5BL
A collaboration between Bromley Mindfulness and The Present Moment Project
“Each person you meet is a doorway into another world”
About the retreat
Our ability to build and maintain authentic and meaningful connections plays a key role in maintaining our health & wellbeing. However, our ability to connect can be diminished by the nature of our modern 21st Century lifestyles. When this happens, we can be left feeling isolated, anxious and low.
In this retreat, Robert Mitchell of Bromley Mindfulness and Michael Matania of the mental health charity ‘Mind’ will guide you through a journey to help you deepen your sense of connection to yourself and others. Spend a day in the company of likeminded people as we explore the nature of human connectivity in new and novel ways. Through a series of meditations and practical exercises designed to challenge and inspire you, this retreat is less about your questions answered, and more about your answers questioned.
What you will leave with
A toolkit of meditations to foster:
- A deepened sensitivity to your body
- Intimacy with your inner experience
- A heightened awareness of your natural environment
- A reduction in the barriers between you and others
A set of experiences which will deepen our connection to other people by:
- Softening our resistance to vulnerability and authenticity
- Experimenting with eye contact
- Activating our deep listening skills
- Improving our self-expression
Connecting with others
- Meet other people who value Mindfulness & authentic connection:
- Lay the foundations for exploring new deep and meaningful relationships
- Find support among peers who are also seeking personal growth and transformation
The day retreat at the beginning of August was wonderfully uplifting and my mind was almost still for 3 days after!
(The inner chatter of my mind subsided markably)”
The full address is:
The Conference Centre, The Close, Addington Park, West Malling, Kent, ME19 5BL.